The football world is awash with gossip. Transfer Talk is monitoring the whispers ahead of all the summer moves. Check out the latest deals and potential deals here.
TOP STORY: Tottenham bid for Martial rejected
Manchester United have rejected a Tottenham bid to sign Anthony Martial, according to RMC Sport.
Martial, 21, has not cemented a place in the United XI since arriving for a fee that could total £58m in 2015 and, with Romelu Lukaku and the emerging Marcus Rashford ahead of him in the pecking order, has been linked with a move away.
Info @RMCsport #Tottenham a transmis une offre de transfert à @ManUtd pour Anthony #Martial ! Offre refusée par United ! #MUFC
- Mohamed Bouhafsi (@mohamedbouhafsi) August 12, 2017
Tottenham have yet to buy a player this summer, but adding one of the hottest young prospects in world football would be quite the coup.
However, a bid of more than £60m would be required -- and it appears the London club's first attempt has been rejected out of hand.
18.50 BST: And more managerial reaction -- West Brom's Tony Pulis says his side "need more players in -- good players," adding: "Everyone around the club is waiting for them to come in."
18.45 BST: With the Gylfi Sigurdsson to Everton saga dragging on, Swans boss Paul Clement, speaking after the goalless draw at Southampton, said: "I am not going to speak about incoming players. The only thing that's important at the moment is the Gylfi Sigurdsson situation."
18.40 BST: Bristol City have ended their interest in signing defender Aden Flint from Birmingham, boss Lee Johnson has said.
18.30 BST: Chelsea boss Antonio Conte, asked about transfer possibilities for the rest of the window after his champions were shocked at home by Burnley, told reporters: "For the transfer market the club is trying to do their best. I am not worried -- I am ready to fight with these players."
18.00 BST: Paulinho is set to fly to Barcelona on Sunday from Chinese Super League leaders Guangzhou Evergrande after they activated the former Tottenham midfielder's €40 million buyout clause.
Chinese media reported on Saturday evening that the 29-year-old Brazilian would travel to Spain to complete the move after Barcelona triggered Paulinho's release. Ernesto Valverde's side are looking to bolster their squad following the world record €222m sale of Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain last week.
17.05 BST: Club Brugge youngster Noah Fadiga has emerged as a target for both Everton and Southampton, according to reports.
16.15 BST: Roma "will not bid again" for Leicester playmaker Riyad Mahrez, sporting director Monchi has said, adding that the ball "is in Leicester's court."
16.00 BST: More on Philippe Coutinho (told you), about whom Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was inevitably asked after his side's 3-3 thriller at Watford.
Here's what he had to say: "What I can say, as manager in a football club, I have bosses. If bosses decide, for example, we sell a player then I have to accept it. Then if they don't sell him then I'm not involved any more and I'm responsible for all players, not just one or two."
Asked whether Coutinho's request changed the club's stance, Klopp replied: "I don't think so. I think it's pretty clear what FSG [Fenway Sports Group] said about it."
15.40 BST: Watford were involved in a 3-3 home thriller against Liverpool earlier on Saturday, but defender Valon Behrami won't be part of any of their future thrillers -- he is about to complete a move to Udinese.
14.50 BST: Valencia could make a move for Arsenal defender Gabriel, according to reports in Spain, with Ezequiel Garay on his way out of the club.
14.25 BST: We're used to Tottenham Hotspur doing their transfer business late in the window, and the Telegraph reports that things are likely to be the same this year.
It says Spurs "want to embark on an end-of-transfer-window spending spree with the club ready to step up their interest in Everton's Ross Barkley.
14.20 BST: DONE DEAL West Brom defender Kyle Howkins has joined Cambridge United on a six-month loan deal, having spent last season at Mansfield Town.
LOAN | #CamUTD sign centre-back Kyle Howkins on six month loan from @WBA - https://t.co/wtcfrpoTmJ pic.twitter.com/pSHJ9gNnAV
- Cambridge United FC (@CambridgeUtdFC) August 12, 2017
14.15 BST: Paris Saint-Germain could pay more than €60m to sign Monaco midfielder Fabinho, with teammate Kylian Mbappe also keen on a move to the Parc des Princes, sources have told ESPN FC.
Fabinho has been a PSG target since Antero Henrique arrived as sporting director in June.
13.55 BST: Deja vu for West Bromwich Albion? The Birmingham Mail reports that they are "considering a swoop" for prolific Leeds striker Chris Wood, who used to play for them.
13.15 BST: With uncertainty over the Liverpool future of Philippe Coutinho growing by the moment, the Mail reports that West Ham are worrying that they could target Manuel Lanzini as a replacement if he leaves. As a result, they are attempting to tie Lanzini down to a new deal.
13.00 BST: Brighton have ramped up their transfer activity in recent days as they prepare to kick off their return to the top division for the first time since the 1980s -- and reports say Sporting Lisbon defender Ezequiel Schelotto will be the next new face to arrive on the south coast.
12.45 BST: Manchester United are on the verge of completing a deal for Oliveirense youngster Bruno Amorim, Lusa has reported.
A source has told ESPN FC that Amorim has been on trial at Old Trafford and Portuguese news agency Lusa quoted a source as saying a deal is "90 percent done" and that the 19-year-old "could have a great contract in front of him."
12.30 BST: Some more on Philippe Coutinho -- and there will doubtless be plenty more where that came from -- Diario Sport says he "does not want to leave Liverpool via the back door" but "is in no doubt that he has to seize this opportunity now" and has "always admired" Barcelona.
12.15 BST: Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed that youth academy graduate Jean-Christophe Bahebeck has joined Utrecht on loan for the season.
The 24-year-old former France under-21 international's move does not include an option to buy.
11.49 BST: We reported earlier that Tottenham were confident they would land Davinson Sanchez from Ajax in a £35 million deal. There's been a spanner in the works, though, with De Telegraaf reporting that Ajax are determined to keep him, while director of football Marc Overmars told the newspaper that the club have made the defender a "top offer."
11.27 BST: Chelsea fear they will struggle to get a decent price for Diego Costa due to his weight gain over the summer, The Times reports.
10.43 BST: The Daily Record reckons Liverpool have told Barcelona they will accept €150 million for Philippe Coutinho, despite their public declarations that he isn't for sale at any price. The Scottish paper also quotes a source as saying Jurgen Klopp "is trying to play the hard man" by making an example of Coutinho, but the player has responded by putting in little effort in training.
10.30 BST: Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher says he was surprised Philippe Coutinho submitted a transfer request but still thinks the club will hold firm.
"Liverpool have got no time to replace him," he said on Sky Sports. "They can't get players in at the moment anyway and they've got a lot of money to spend. I don't see any way the club would let Coutinho go. I said there'd be a riot if he went and I still stand by that. And I'll be part of that riot!"
10.16 BST: DONE DEAL Besiktas have now completed the signing of Gary Medel from Inter Milan. Medel had already said he would be joining the Turkish side.
10.05 BST: Diario Sport says Barcelona are keen on PSG winger Angel Di Maria, although -- as the Catalan newspaper notes -- "they have other options too because their relationship with Paris Saint-Germain is not the best right now."
09.36 BST: DONE DEAL Manchester United defender Guillermo Varela has joined Penarol in his native Uruguay. Story here.
09.09 BST: Not transfer news as such, but never mind: AS is reporting that Zinedine Zidane has signed a new three-year deal at Real Madrid. The club are reportedly going to announce it "when the time is deemed right," which apparently isn't at the time he actually signed it.
08.51 BST: Tottenham Hotspur are closing in on a club-record £35 million deal to sign Ajax centre-back Davinson Sanchez, sources have told ESPN FC. Story here.
08.23 BST: The Mirror says Liverpool owners FSG have spoken to Philippe Coutinho to tell him their stance that he will not be sold remains unchanged despite his transfer request.
Real to rival Barcelona for Dembele?
Barcelona's attempts to replace Neymar are not proving to be easy, and now, according to Catalan broadcaster RAC 1, Real Madrid look to be adding to their rivals' problems by registering an interest in Ousmane Dembele.
The 20-year-old forward was suspended and fined by Borussia Dortmund after failing to report for training on Thursday amid speculation that he wants to join Barcelona. It is claimed that Barca remain Dembele's preferred move, but Madrid president Florentino Perez has asked his counterpart at Dortmund, Reinhard Rauball, to keep him abreast of the France international's availability before a move is made.
Madrid-based AS reckons that Barca, having seen a bid knocked back already, will return with a new offer for Dembele closer to Dortmund's asking price of €120 million-€150 million in an effort to get the deal done.
Spurs plot a pair of signings
Like London buses, you wait all summer for a Tottenham signing, and then two come along at once.
The Mirror reports that the first new arrival will be Ajax defender Davinson Sanchez in a club-record £35m deal. It is claimed Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is in Amsterdam negotiating the finer points of a deal for Sanchez, the 21-year-old Colombia international who can play centre-back or right-back.
Meanwhile, sources tell ESPN FC that Tottenham is hopeful of completing a deal for Celta Vigo midfielder Pape Cheikh Diop in the face of competition from Lyon. Diop just turned 20 on Tuesday, but he has been told he can compete for a first-team place this season.
Mangala to have City future yet?
Manchester City's lack of depth in defence means Eliaquim Mangala could earn a second chance at the club, according to the Guardian.
Manager Pep Guardiola has invited Mangala back to train with the main group at City, but he has not been so generous with Samir Nasri, Wilfried Bony and Jason Denayer, who are still frozen out and free to move on.
City, whose senior options in defence are Vincent Kompany, John Stones and Nicolas Otamendi, could still sell Mangala if the right offer is made. But given the £32m contract he signed with City in 2014, that seems unlikely to happen.
-- In Portugal, A Bola writes that Barcelona right-back Douglas is almost a Benfica player after his management team met with the Portuguese club's brass on Friday. Douglas, who spent last season on loan at Sporting Gijon, is surplus to requirements at Barca after they recently signed Nelson Semedo.
-- The Mirror reports that Kieran Gibbs' move to Watford is off after the Arsenal left-back refused to take a pay cut on his £80,000-a-week wages. Gibbs, who is also a target for West Brom, is in the final year of his contract, and Arsenal are willing to listen to offers for him.
-- Jack Colback looks to be on his way out of Newcastle, with the Daily Mail reporting a bust-up with manager Rafa Benitez. Colback, 27, has been training alone and has already been offered to other clubs; he will be left out of Newcastle's 25-man Premier League squad.