TRIPOLI, May 24 (Xinhua) -- The Libyan National Center for Disease Control on Saturday reported three new COVID-19 cases, taking the tally to 75 in the country.
In a statement, the center said that of the 149 suspected samples, only three tested positive for the virus, adding that one patient has recovered.
So far, 39 people have recovered and three have died from the disease, according to the center.
The new cases have been linked to travel to Turkey earlier in May, the center said.
In early May, Libyan authorities began to allow the return of its nationals stranded abroad.
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the country, Libyan authorities have taken a series of measures, including closing borders, banning public gatherings, closing mosques and schools, and imposing curfews.